2019 Expanded Course!
Do life safety code requirements have you up in arms? Did you know the International fire codes have been adopted? Are you confused? Want to know about new rules? Update old ones? This expanded, more comprehensive workshop will clear the air!
Topics to be covered in this workshop:
- Fundamental Requirements – exit requirements, lighting, locks, and prominent posting of no exit signage.
- Classification of Occupancy – healthcare occupancies (i.e., hospitals, nursing homes, limited care facilities and ambulatory health care centers.)
- Hazard of Contents – Low, ordinary, and high.
- Means of Egress – door requirements, locks, latches & alarm devices, stair enclosures, panic and fire exit hardware, self closing devices, stairs, exit passageways, and illumination requirements.
- Features of Fire Protections – fire barriers, fire doors, fire windows and smoke barriers.
- Building Service & Fire Protection Equipment – heating, ventilating & air conditioning, elevators, fire detection, alarm and communication systems, and automatic sprinklers and other equipment.
- Operating Features – construction, repair & improvement operations, emergency generators, elevator testing, furnishings, contents and treated finishes and fire exit drills.
- Most frequently cited tags.